NAS (National Achievers Society) recognizes students for their academic achievements and prepares them for post-secondary education.
The program focuses on encouraging, recognizing and reinforcing academic achievement among minority youth to counter pervasive and damaging public images of African-American youth in our society.
The goal is to energize adults to re-dedicate themselves to preparing children to meet the academic and job standards of the 21st Century.
- Cultural Enrichment
- Leadership Training
- SAT/ACT Prep
- Pre-College Planning
- Service Learning Opportunities
- Academic Competition for College Scholarships
Target population and participation requirements
- Students 12-17 years of age
- Academic criteria: an applicant must have all “A’s” and “B’s”
- Applicants in honors, gifted, dual enrollment or advanced placement classes may have one “C” per grading period
- Enrollment in late November and early May