Reports To: Sr. Director of Programs and Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Youth and Education
Revision Date: August 1, 2020
A STEM Program Coordinator is responsible for the effective implementation, management and evaluation of STEM Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Implement the grant activities to include program regulations and requirements, goals, objectives and operational procedures to facilitate adherence to the grant parameters.
- Review and become subject matter expert of the grant’s scope, deliverables, reporting, budget and planning of day-to-day operations.
- Develop system for collecting and evaluating data for policy and program development and implementation.
- Meet all performance standards and requirements established by the program grant and/or Urban League.
- Serve as liaison to community based agencies and institutions to further the goals of the Urban League by building collaborations and partnerships.
- Research and advise Sr. Director of Programs and Operations of needs, trends and issues within youth and education STEM program areas and recommend activities and strategies to address them.
- Assist with drafting grant applications and/or foundation proposals, utilizing collected research information and statistical data that addresses target groups in the need of service areas.
- Research and develop new problem solving opportunities for agency’s consideration to respond to needs as it pertains to the grants.
- Submit required programmatic paperwork, reports and assignments as required in a timely fashion including grant reporting.
- Conduct outreach to promote Urban League’s mission and effective grant implementation.
- Organize applicable site visits and tours as required by the grant.
- Organize STEM guest speakers to communicate with grant participants.
- Create a STEM component focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to ensure students have the necessary supports and opportunities available to them.
- Expose student to STEM-related careers including the fields of health, digital media, green jobs and robotics.
- Offer programming during the school day, after school, in person or virtually as recommended by the school administrators.
- Invite parents to an orientation session to ensure active engagement and strategies to support and encourage their child’s active involvement.
- Recruit participants from three title one schools.
- Create a database of enrolled students with achieved deliverables and case notes of each participant’s activity or interaction.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Submit monthly board of director reports with monthly success stories.
- Attend, participate and take lead on all funder calls, in-person meetings and correspondence.
- Represent program for all ULPBC staff meetings, community partner meetings and student and parent meetings.
- Enroll 100 students.
- Administer pre and post-test surveys.
- Work with each participant and assist with academic counseling and support services available through the Urban League.
- Ensure 85% or 85 students demonstrate an increased interest in STEM related careers.
- Ensure 85 % or 85 students select STEM related course work their following year.
- Ensure 90% or 90 students will be promoted to the next grade and will be on or above grade level.
- Ensure 90% or 90 students will enroll in another ULPBC youth development program after their first year.
- Participate in all Urban League community events and functions.
Standards for Measuring Performance
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with flexibility to adapt to changing needs and goals
- Ability to work effectively with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Ability to balance the needs and expectations of multiple constituents
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with financial information
- Positive and team oriented attitude
- Computer skills, enabling use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned