Project Manager of Urban Tech Jobs 2.0
Title: Project Manager of Urban Tech Jobs 2.0
Reports To: Sr. Director of Programs and Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Workforce Development
Revision Date: August 3, 2021
Project Manager assumes responsibility for day-to-day management and supervision of all activities and functions of the program including developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards; determining program service levels and enhancements; developing and monitoring program budgets; providing staff supervision and performing work related tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Implement the grant’s activities to include program regulations and requirements, goals, objectives and operational procedures to facilitate adherence to the grant parameters and take corrective action as necessary.
- Review and become subject matter expert of the grant’s scope, deliverables, reporting, budget and planning of day-to-day operations.
- Develop system for collecting and evaluating data for policy and program development and implementation.
- Monitors the program’s budget; oversees financial well-being of the program by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits and justifies budget enhancements requests to CFO and Senior Director of Programs.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of program staff.
- Provides for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of program staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required.
- Serve as liaison to community-based agencies and institutions to further the goals of the Urban League by building collaborations and partnerships.
- Assist with drafting grant applications utilizing collected research information and statistical data that addresses target groups in the need of service areas.
- Research and develop new problem solving opportunities for agency’s consideration to respond to needs as it pertains to the grants.
- Prepares a variety of writing correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
- Submit required programmatic paperwork, reports and assignments as required in a timely fashion including grant reporting.
- Conduct outreach to promote Urban League’s mission and effective grant implementation.
- Create a database of enrolled participants with achieved deliverables and case notes of each participant’s activity or interaction.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Submit monthly board of director reports with monthly success stories.
- Attend, participate and take lead on all funder calls, in-person meetings and correspondence.
- Represent program for all ULPBC staff meetings, community partner meetings and participant meetings.
- Participate in all Urban League community events and functions.
Standards for Measuring Performance
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with flexibility to adapt to changing needs and goals
- Ability to work effectively with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Ability to balance the needs and expectations of multiple constituents
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with financial information
- Positive and team oriented attitude
- Computer skills, enabling use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
- Understand, maintain and uphold the mission and vision of the Urban League of Palm Beach County.
Education and Experience
- A four-year college degree or equivalent major coursework related to public administration, human resource or social services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform duties of the job as listed above.
The Urban League of Palm Beach County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any of its personnel policies, practices, procedures and employee benefit programs on the basis of any classification protected by law, including age, race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status.