Urban Youth Empowerment Program
African-American young men, living on the north end of West Palm Beach, can get help with finding quality jobs and careers.
The City of West Palm Beach Urban Youth Empowerment Program (UYEP) offers three intensive weeks of classroom training, case management, and workforce development activities. Our goal is to assist young men in getting their lives focused on finding good jobs and holding on to those jobs for the long-term.
- Career exploration and experiences
- Access to employers and job placement assistance
- Personalized financial planning services
- Case management and educational supportive services
- Stipends for participation in select activities
- Referrals to other agencies as needed
Target population and participation requirements
City of West Palm Beach Urban Youth Empowerment Program (UYEP) aims to help young African American males ages 18-24 who currently reside in Northern West Palm Beach who have barriers obtaining employment such as a criminal background, lack of education, and/or a lack of work experience.
- Ages of 18 to 24+
- Currently live in the historic northwest district of West Palm Beach
(Area Code 33407/33401)
- Demonstrate interest in UYEP WORKS activities
- Veterans have priority enrollment
Once admitted to the program participants will be required to engage in workforce development activities, education and training, case management, mentoring, restorative justice, and community-wide efforts to reduce violence and crime.
or download the form here
Miles Davis at (561) 833-1461 ext. 3015