Director of Youth and Education Programs
Title: Director of Youth and Education Programs
Department: Youth and Education
Reports To: Senior Director of Programs and Operations
Revision Date: August 5, 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Purpose of Position:
The Director of Youth and Education Programs provides day-to-day oversite to staff of all Youth and Education programming. The Director of Youth and Education Programs encourages team work, efficiency and shared decision-making, implements staff development plans and promotes the agency’s mission within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for day-to-day management and supervision of all staff activities and functions of each Youth and Education Program.
- Develops and directs all Youth and Education Program’s implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Monitors and directs operations of the assigned program to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary.
- Monitors assigned programs’ budget; oversees financial well-being of the program by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits and justifies budget enhancement requests to the Senior Director of Programs and CFO.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of the program staff.
- Provides for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of program staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline, as required.
- Represents Urban League of Palm Beach County in external meetings; fosters collaborative working relationships to the benefit of the programs and the Urban League of Palm Beach County.
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
- Executive presence with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with external clients and act as a valuable resource to all staff members.
- Self-motivated, organized and multi-tasked oriented.
- Deliver results and drive for continuous improvements.
- “Out of the box” thinking while implementing change management practices.
- Display a sense of urgency in all aspects of job performance.
- Exhibit uncompromising integrity and constant respect in dealing with internal and external constituencies.
- Influence manager who has respect and commitment of co-workers.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office software.
- Three to five years of Director experience
- Supervised staffs of multiple programs from various funders
- Managed several projects simultaneously and succeeded simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to be engaging and professional when making presentations at events and meetings.
- Strong research background.
- Solid understanding of diverse development activities related to a non-profit environment
- Personal attributes include business acumen, self-motivation, creative, results-oriented, hands-on, team player and ability to influence
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels and close on pending opportunities in a highly competitive market.
- Ability to lead and motivate a cooperative spirit with all team members throughout the organization, especially cross-functionally and with senior management
- Highest level of integrity and business ethics.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study; Masters degree in Business administration preferred.