Urban League of Palm Beach County Accomplishments
• Gold level certified in Nonprofit Management by Nonprofits First.
• Recipient of the National Urban League Centennial Innovation Award for the Henrietta Homebuyer Incubator Community.
• Assisted 15,000 underserved people in the community through Youth and Education, Comprehensive Housing Counseling and Community Development Programs and Services.
• Patrick J. Franklin, President and CEO recognized by the Office Depot Foundation with a 2010 Listen, Learn, Care Award.
• Opened a new 11-unit townhome community revitalizing a blighted area of West Palm Beach. The townhome development will serve as a incubator for families to become homeowners.
• Selected by Palm Beach State College for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award for Organization.
• Patrick J. Franklin was appointed by Governor Charlie Christ and served on the Governor’s Census Commission.
• Opened a new administrative office in downtown West Palm Beach.
Youth and Education
• Inducted over 200 students into the National Achievers Society (NAS).
• 100% of our NAS members have graduate high school and have been accepted to some of the most prestigious colleges in the country; including Harvard, Yale, Emory, West Point, and Vanderbilt.
• At the State Brain Bowl Competition the ULPBC Word Wizard Team – Grades 3 – 5th placed 1st in Statewide Brain Bowl, Math Teams – Grades 6 – 8, 9 – 10th placed 3rd and 11 – 12th grades placed 1st in Statewide Brain Bowl.
• The CINS/FINS program served 200 children and families.
• 90% of youth served remained crime free while receiving services in CINS/FINS and 87% of youth served remained crime free six (6) months after completing services.
• 98 Palm Beach County students benefited from the High School Credit Recovery program during the 2009-2010 academic calendars.
• 16 High school seniors were able to graduate in 2010 with their cohort and 38 are now on track to graduate through their work with the High School Credit Recovery program.
Comprehensive Housing Counseling
• Served 654 clients
• 304 Clients attended the first time home buyers workshop.
• 66 Clients purchased a home and or where prepped to be mortgage ready within 90 days.
• 417 clients provided with foreclosure counseling.
• 57 clients resolved their rental delinquency and avoided homelessness.
• Youth Crime Prevention and Intervention served 1892 youth and 242 adults.
• Provided 100 youth with tutoring.
• 172 Parents participated in parenting classes.
• Educated 120 on gang violence.
• 90 Youth received employability skills training with 70% of participants finding employment.
• NULITES received three awards this year at our National Youth Summit in Washington, DC. Awards were NULITER of the Year, Outstanding Chapter of the Year and Caring Adult of the year.
• Seven NULITES received community service scholarship award.
• NULITES was recognized by the Artist Showcase of the Palm Beaches with an award for their community service and commitment to empowering youth.
• 100% of NULITES graduated High School and 95% enter college.
• 36 participants in the Green Job Training and Placement program received a certificate of training from the Florida Department of Education and 10 participants were placed into jobs.
• 30 participants in the Summer Youth Employment program received on the job training and 19 were placed into full time employment.
|Annual Report||2012-13 Annual Report||726 Kb|